Autostraddle, an LGBT / feminist website, asked readers to describe the gender they identified as. ‘Tomboy Femme’ was revealed as a leading gender identity, and Autostraddle picked some of the best replies.
Here are some of the very best write-ins that really illustrate how wonderful and totally weird y’all are!
1. Stoner Femme, Gender Confused
2. Insufficiently organised to have a consistent presentation
3. Exhausted college chic/professional physics human
4. Uh. Librarian? What’s the one with no makeup and just regular clothes?
5. Whatever Brandi Carlile is
6. Glitter Queen
7. Fancy Pony Boi
8. Cozy femme
9. I just like docs and dresses ok
10. Hypermasculine camp
11. Softest of butches
12. Executive dysfunction closeted makeup-scared femme?
13. So uncomfortable
14. Femme in the Summer, Butch in the Winter: A Seasonal Fluidity
15. A small cluster of stars
16. 14-year-old boy
17. Leg hair don’t care but actually cares a lot
18. Sloth femme
19. Gay adjunct professor/goth librarian
20. Aunt Dad
21. Granola, self-sufficient, utilitarian, rural spinster
22. Laid-back lesbian farmer
23. DOIN MY OWN FUCKIN THING
24. Athleisure meets sea-witch
25. Comfortable baggy-clothed person
26. My girlfriend likes to (very accurately so) describe me as “pastel butch”
27. Bunny dyke
29. Low Femme
30. Lab Chic
31. Geek? I don’t know, I’m wearing a Wonder Woman shirt and Mickey Mouse shoes, so make of that what you will
33. FUCK I HAVE NO IDEA? USUALLY PEOPLE DON’T RECOGNIZE ME AS GAY, SO FEMME?
35. This whole labeling thing is very American, isn’t it. I’m a woman who owns pants, chucks, skirts and mascara. Now what?
The original article was published on Nov 1, 2016.
Featured Image: femcult52